Download Full Text (1.7 MB)
Research, Analysis, and Writing explores the different stages of a research project, from defining an issue and developing a research question to creating an essay that incorporates critical sources. Chapters include:
- Writing and Research in the Academic Sphere;
- Research Proposals and Thesis Statements;
- Asking the Right Questions: Academic Honesty, Critical Thinking, Rhetorical Analysis, and Writing Surveys;
- Critical Thinking, Source Evaluations, and Analyzing Academic Writing;
- Using Materials from Sources;
- Let the Writing Begin;
- Drafts, Conclusions, and Abstracts; and
- It's Not Over 'til the Revising, Editing, & Proofreading Are.
Published 2012; Revised 2017.
Charles Town, WV
Rhetoric and Composition
Snee, Denise; Houlton, Kristin; and Heckel, Nancy, "Research, Analysis, and Writing" (2017). ePress Course Materials. 2.
*Please note that the Recommended Citation provides general information for citation.
This citation may not be appropriate for your discipline. To locate the correct citation style for APUS programs and receive citation help, visit http://apus.campusguides.com/writing/citation.